Weapons! (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Gamma Beam Mk. 5)
So, I missed last week’s release target due to the work on weapon generation. But, that is now done and with the extra time I had, I was able to add more into this weeks release:
Primary & Secondary weapons have been worked out an implemented in Starship Command 2. This also means that weapon arcs are back in!
The difference between a primary and secondary weapon is that the primary weapons charge directly from the power supplied from your ship’s reactor. Secondary weapons use ammo and create an explosion.
OTHER MAJOR CHANGES
First is the ability to fund a shipyard’s construction in your empire’s sectors.
This will create a shipyard with a random EDOS rating in this sector. And as you can see, it is expensive!
And when you FTL drive reaches max radiation accumulation, it will no longer stop outright. Instead, it’s speed will keep decreasing until it is at 1% of its normal speed.
Also in this build are:
- Ambient sounds in the galaxy view
- Fixed a bug where friendly empires kept “touching” allies and never expanding
- Language generation now defaults to using templates in “\languageTemplates\” folder
- Watcher mode no longer shows player’s travel log and shipyard EDOS
- Increase/Decrease sector development are now split into a 1X, 10X, and 100X options each