Just a heads up that Beta build #10 is coming soon.
An updated way of processing the galaxy turn has been done and is undergoing some stress testing to make sure nothing has been broken.
Beta Build #9 is now ready for downloading!
- Fixed primary and secondary weapons bug regarding reactor overheating.
- Fleet AI tweaked.
- Backings added to control panels in tactical view when in a nebula to increase readability.
- New ship names not sticking under some circumstances in the shipyards.
Fixed a few small bugs including new ship names not sticking sometimes.
You can expect a new build (#9) in the next couple of days!
Today some small bugs were fixed, fleet AI was tweaked and backings were added to the control panels in tactical view when you are in a nebula to increase their readability.
Last night a new bug was found that when the reactor overheats beam weapons continue firing and secondary weapons never reset when the reactor starts.
This is fixed and will be available in the next build.
Beta Build #8 comes out early for some quick fixes.
- Abandoning ship now requires confirmation.
- AI tweaks.
- Warning alerts in the galaxy view are dismissable.
- A new enemy ship rating next to the ID code in the target list, it is a rating based on the ship vs you and your fleet. (1 means an equal match, higher is harder to defeat and lower means easier).
- Fixed some camera bugs with scrolling the target list.
- Fixed weapons range ring staying after being destroyed.
- 64 bit builds are now available for download!
Get the new build at the downloads page!
Beta Build #7 is finally out.
Due to the beta, any previous galaxy and captains need to be cleared so the Starship Command can start with a freshly generated galaxy.
- Planets now have stats and descriptions, geographical features, life forms and festivities.
- Pirates no are now restricted from using secondary weapons.
- Component rebalancing, with the additions of commanding a fleet in the last build, it made the different types of ships redundant. To fix this larger ships have more hull strength and much more mass. So the dreadnoughts are a lot less responsive than the shuttle.
- The false warning bug should be fixed for good.
- Added a ring indicating maximum primary weapons range.
- Other small bugs and additions.
So head over to the downloads page and get the new build!