Small bug fix correcting a couple of typos in the tutorial write-ups.
Just a quick bug fix addressing the possible graphical issue when the tutorial is enabled on the galaxy view and the info page for a star.
I know I said Beta Build #10 was coming out soon but after internally testing it out, I felt that it is ready for prime-time. So I’m happy to announce that Starship Command is now released!
Since the first beta release over two months ago, SsC has seen a lot of usability improvements and new features. This new build includes a few bug fixes, an improvement to the pulse weapons to make sure they collide if the FPS drops, actual composed music and a new Android build!
Along with this release the evgLabs shop is now open and the unlock code that will enable saving is available for purchase.
So what does the future hold for Starship Command? Well, new features are being planned such as boarding parties and ship captures, away missions, space monsters, and more.
So get the new build and your unlock code with a 25% off launch sale and take command!
Just a heads up that Beta build #10 is coming soon.
An updated way of processing the galaxy turn has been done and is undergoing some stress testing to make sure nothing has been broken.
Beta Build #9 is now ready for downloading!
- Fixed primary and secondary weapons bug regarding reactor overheating.
- Fleet AI tweaked.
- Backings added to control panels in tactical view when in a nebula to increase readability.
- New ship names not sticking under some circumstances in the shipyards.
Fixed a few small bugs including new ship names not sticking sometimes.
You can expect a new build (#9) in the next couple of days!
Today some small bugs were fixed, fleet AI was tweaked and backings were added to the control panels in tactical view when you are in a nebula to increase their readability.
Last night a new bug was found that when the reactor overheats beam weapons continue firing and secondary weapons never reset when the reactor starts.
This is fixed and will be available in the next build.
Beta Build #8 comes out early for some quick fixes.
- Abandoning ship now requires confirmation.
- AI tweaks.
- Warning alerts in the galaxy view are dismissable.
- A new enemy ship rating next to the ID code in the target list, it is a rating based on the ship vs you and your fleet. (1 means an equal match, higher is harder to defeat and lower means easier).
- Fixed some camera bugs with scrolling the target list.
- Fixed weapons range ring staying after being destroyed.
- 64 bit builds are now available for download!
Get the new build at the downloads page!
Beta Build #7 is finally out.
Due to the beta, any previous galaxy and captains need to be cleared so the Starship Command can start with a freshly generated galaxy.
- Planets now have stats and descriptions, geographical features, life forms and festivities.
- Pirates no are now restricted from using secondary weapons.
- Component rebalancing, with the additions of commanding a fleet in the last build, it made the different types of ships redundant. To fix this larger ships have more hull strength and much more mass. So the dreadnoughts are a lot less responsive than the shuttle.
- The false warning bug should be fixed for good.
- Added a ring indicating maximum primary weapons range.
- Other small bugs and additions.
So head over to the downloads page and get the new build!